Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A quilt for my nephew.

My brother and his wife recently welcomed their beautiful boy, Jackson ,to their family.
So what does a doting Aunty do when a new baby arrives? Makes a quilt of course!
This is my version of Simple Modern Baby Quilt, from Elizabeth at Oh, Fransson. I quilted in the ditch rather than stipple all over . I like a baby quilt to be snuggly and I find that an all over stipple can make a quilt rather stiff. I was quite pleased with the final result.
I am off to meet a dear friend and her girls for a playdate at an indoor play centre..must remember my ear plugs.....the squeals of delight can be quite deafening !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You did it! I'm so proud of you :) It looks great, I love the name, the look, everything - awesome! Happy Blogging, I'll drop by regularly to say hi!

Heather said...

Thank you for helping me with my Hello Betty quilt. I'll definitely look at the link you shared. Welcome to blogland--I haven't been here for very long either, but it is fun and so welcoming! Your nephew is very lucky, such a lovely gift.