Monday, March 9, 2009

I hope William does not turn in his grave !

I have finally made a start on the applique blocks for the William Morris inspired quilt I am doing throughout the year with the 2nd , smaller, patchwork group I am in.
The design is by Michelle Hill and is inspired by William Morris and the other artists of the Craft movement.

I have been lacking motivation to start this and I was unsure why..until I realised I was not enjoying the palette of colours I would have to work in,to keep in with traditional style of the quilt.
So, I have broken ranks and gathered brighter , bolder fabrics from my stash. I am using a white tone- on -tone background rather than cream ( which everyone else is using).
I hope that William would not be turning in his grave if he could see my choices of colour, but at least I now want to do the quilt....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love them. Great job.